Modern Transport Engineers Group of Companies is actively seeking to employ enthusiastic and motivated Diesel Mechanics to work on new truck setups and repairs.
Modern Transport Engineers Group of Companies is the largest heavy transport manufacturing company in New Zealand, and we are looking for experienced self-motivated technicians to join our team. We pride ourselves on offering a safe workplace, offering high quality products &turn-key solutions to our clients, and finishing what we start.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to grow your skill-set or are looking for an opportunity to progress your career with a company that values you, motivates you, and challenges you to succeed every single day both in your work life & personal life, then Modern Transport Engineers Group of Companies is for you!
Reporting to one of our highly skilled production managers, this position is suited to trades-persons looking to take the next step in their career and be rewarded for their efforts with an attractive market leading remuneration package.
The successful applicant will need
· Pre-trade Training or Three to four years experience as Diesel Mechanic– previous mechanical experience with earthmoving equipment, trucks and trailers – Qualification an advantage
· Ability to work well both within a team environment and unsupervised
· Experience within industry and have good awareness of health and safety
· Good time management skills and communication skills
· Be able to follow instructions
· Fluent in English – written and verbal
· Be able to diagnose faults and carry out repairs
· Have at least a Class 2 licence, Class 5 would be an advantage
· WTR endorsement would be an advantage but not a requirement
What you'll get in return:
Full time position on offer, excellent rates and a fantastic working environment with a solid team of people.
If this sounds like you, apply online now, please include a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include position you are applying for in subject line
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.