Modern Transport Engineers is seeking an experienced AutoElectrician to join our busy team in Te Rapa.
Modern Transport Engineers Limited is the largest heavy transport manufacturing company in New Zealand, and we are looking for experienced self-motivated technicians to join our team. We pride ourselves on offering a safe workplace, offering high quality products & turn-key solutions to our clients, and finishing what we start.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for installing electrical fittings to the extensive range of heavy transport trailers we manufacture and for repair work required from time to time. This position is suited to trades-persons looking to take the next step in their career and willbe rewarded for their efforts with an attractive market leading remuneration package.
· 3-5 years relevant experience as an Auto Electrician.
· Certificate in motor vehicle electrical course.
· Computer literate
· Able to work well within a team
· Must be an honest, hard working team player with a good record of discipline, timekeeping, and flexibility to perform any job assigned to you. This is a “take charge” role.
About the role:
· Install electrical components to heavy transport trailers for the Australasian market.
· Carry out electrical related preventive maintenance and fault diagnosis on all vehicles.
· Repair and service vehicles as necessary.
· Attend to all field break-downs and recovery.
· Advise management on required stock levels of auto-electrical items.
What you'll get in return:
Full time position on offer, excellent rates and a fantastic working environment with a solid team of people.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for more information on starting dates, rates and any similar positions available, please send your CV to LenS@modtrans.co.nz
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.